Named as a #1 Best Place to work in Charlotte, A M King is a fully integrated design build firm with offices in Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.
A M King (www.amkinggroup.com) is currently seeking an Architect to work in our Greenville SC office, which is also the offices of Aiken Mitchell (www.aikenmitchell.com) a wholly owned subsidiary of A M King. This position will support our in-house design efforts and the overall business by performing a variety of architectural and management duties. This position will require a broad knowledge of architectural and design development, development of construction documents, coordination with other design functions, and construction administration skills, all specific to our business and project types. Future opportunities for employee management are possible.
In addition, this Architectural position is responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism and is required to possess and exhibit excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external clients. Internally, frequent contact with numerous employees is required. Externally, the Architect will be in contact with customers, vendors, and others who interact with and support our organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Architectural design development, including space planning, schematic design, and preliminary basis documents to be utilized for a number of purposes including the conveyance of design intent, schematic project development and pricing, and for ultimate development into construction documents.
- Development of architectural construction documents for usages including permitting, pricing and construction.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the usage of CAD and Revit software systems, and the ability to produce all documents utilizing both of these programs.
- Management and coordination of both additional and complimentary design disciplines, including civil, structural, MEP and process engineering.
- Secure and maintain Professional Licensing for Architecture across multiple states, including renewals, documentation and application requirements.
- Administer construction administration responsibilities on projects under construction.
- Work with various vendors and suppliers to understand and become knowledgeable of systems, materials, and supplies typical to the facility types under design, and continue to explore and research new products and systems for their viability into design.
- Manage internal and external documents necessary to the overall design process.
- Maintain on-going training related to the position and as necessary for licensing requirements, including exploring training programs, schedules and coordination. Document training hours and maintain a training library as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience practicing architecture with a design, architectural or design build firm.
- Relevant experience with industrial facilities and/or food facilities will be significant.
- Proficiency and experience with sophisticated architectural and design software systems including CAD and Revit are necessary. Candidate should also be proficient with Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong background in document management and controls and close coordination with other engineering and design disciplines.
- Ability to manage others performing similar and/or support tasks related to design.
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a team environment
- Experience in dealing with highly confidential information, and able to effectively manage and maintain sensitive material concerning the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in managing multiple responsibilities, preferably in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to meet required deadlines and maintain commitments
- Previous experience within the design-build delivery method is highly valued
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com